Sunday, June 26, 2011

6/22/11

Well one would have to say that this day really started in the night. As I have said ~ after the dinner on the 21st ~ I curled up in my tent from the rain. Yet, as I awaken in the night to the desire to pee ~ the tent is all closed in around me. What had been room to at least sit up, had become a squashed little toad stool. Though I had placed a good rain-fly over my tent ~ I had created a pocket for water to collect & weight down my tent during the night. So with flashlight in hand & mouth ~ I 'crawl out of the tent & dump the water from the rain-fly. The tent still not regaining all of it's previous shape ~ but enough for now in the wee hours of this day.
As I awoke ~ no rain!!!! ~ packing up & out would not be so so hard. I got my gear together, as did John & Ivars. They hiked there gear on out & then went back in to the kitchen. When I get to the car ~ should I or shouldn't I trek back to the kitchen to see if breakfast is ready. Thankfully, a young couple came out with their gear & told me the kitchen was just getting started with breakfast. Shortly Ivars & John came down the trail to the car & we were off.
We took a different road back ~ beautiful country ~ coal has been raping the land & mountains in this part to Va. for years. Made it home in about 7 hours with 2 stops ~ not bad for going to a gathering.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment